Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

The Goddess TestThe Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


4 1/2 Stars! The Goddess Test by Aimee drew me in immediately. I was impressed with the creativity of the entire storyline. Carter took Greek mythology and gave it an exciting and modern twist! Clever, dark, and light all at the same time.

We first meet Kate as she is driving from New York into a town called Eden with her very ill and dying mother. It is her mother's last wish to return to her hometown before she passes away. Because of her mothers illness Kate has become a loner, and tries her best to stay away from the other students in the new high school. But inevitably a few trend towards her. One girl convinces her to go to a school party to meet everyone, and Kate grudgingly agrees to go. The evening of the party is met with tragedy and a meeting with an intriguing stranger, Henry. And Henry claims to be a God. Thus begins The Goddess Test.

This is certainly one of the best YA books I have read this year. I would highly recommend to YA and paranormal fans alike. And I am definitely looking forward to next installment in this series. Great debut!!



View all my reviews

No comments: