Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder

Touch of Power (Healer, #1)Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4 1/2 Stars! An excellent escapist read by the ever talented Maria V. Snyder! I appreciate how Snyder easily pulls me in and keeps me glued to the plot. Even the slower scenes were captivating and crucial to the storyline. I loved Touch of Power!

We meet Avry, our heroine and healer, immediately. She is being hunted with a large bounty for her death. In swoops a band of outcasts (which includes Kerrick, a magician) who claim they need her healing powers to save their King, and will protect her for the time being. Thus begins a quest full of treachery, deceit, and best of all, real relationships and friendships for Avry.

I have loved Snyder's writing style since I first read Poison Study and the books that followed. I think the ease of her writing style is what compels me the most. After a busy day, I don't want to have to work at reading. Her stories are just that for me. So if you are looking to escape without any reading strain, I highly recommend Touch of Power, and any other book by this author!

View all my reviews

No comments: