Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Gate to Kandrith by Nicole Luiken

Gate to Kandrith (Kandrith, #1)Gate to Kandrith by Nicole Luiken
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Gate to Kandrith is truly a gate to an imaginative world that left wanting more, much more! The story was not what I expected at all. Luiken wove a great deal of twists and a turns, with an ending so explosive I am unable to stop thinking about it. I seriously NEED the next book in this series now!

Gate to Kandrith starts off with political intrigue, and a ton of world building. Our heroine, Sara, is tasked with finding out the secret of Slave Magic. She is to journey to Slaveland, accompanied by Lance, whom is a Kandrithian. Along the way, as with any solid fantasy, there are many mishaps, and many friends and foes discovered. I was shocked to my bones on most of these revelations!!

There were times when the fantasy and lore of this land became confusing. There was certainly a lot the author had to introduce. But Luiken always managed to clear any confusion later. And I also think it added to the suspense of the plot:-)

As the blurb for this book implies, Sara is betrayed in a most gut-wrenching way. She is forced to make a series of harsh decisions based on this knowledge to save the people of both lands. And the secret of slave magic?? Worth the read!;-)

View all my reviews

No comments: