Saturday, April 14, 2012

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3 1/2 Stars! Well, I really DID like Goddess Interrupted. It was creative and fast paced. I did, however, have a few issues with it.

*This review does have some minor spoilers for the previous book in the series, The Goddess Test*

First issue I had was Henry, aka Hades. He was hardly in the book at all, and when he was, he seemed wimpy. Seriously, a God for thousands of years I would expect to behave maturely. And the way Kate was able to dismiss his behavior repeatedly drove me nuts!

Second issue was with all the Gods and Goddesses in regards to their dialogue and speech. I know this is a YA, but the they all talked as if they were young adults. Again, these are entities that have lived for thousands of years. So perspective wise it didn’t work. With the first book in the series, The Goddess Test, I was able to put aside the way they acted because the premise of the story was much different. They were acting to give Kate her tests, so it seemed like viable dialogue. Not so in this one.

After I was able to put these issues aside, I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It read just as quickly as the first installment, perhaps even quicker as I am already absorbed in the storyline. I also really liked getting to know the underworld better. Carter managed to give excellent visual descriptions without bogging the story down.

Persephone was definitely a very enjoyable twist to add to Kate’s journey. Overall, a fun and exciting read. I am looking forward to seeing where Aimee Carter takes Kate’s journey next. The ending is a lead into the third book, and it promises to be even more exciting!

View all my reviews

No comments: