Saturday, July 7, 2012

Shadow Bound by Rachel Vincent

Shadow Bound (Unbound, #2)Shadow Bound by Rachel Vincent
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Stars! Shadow Bound was a tightly woven second installment in Vincent's Unbound miniseries. She has created quite an impressive, twisted and messed up world, I must say. It is certainly not one I would want to live in, nor be bound in. Shadow Bound started out on the slow side. It held less action in general than I have become used to in Vincent's past novels. There was a lot more character development. But the pace picked up shortly into it and grabbed this reader into it’s very dark world.

We first meet Kori in Blood Bound, which I do recommend reading first. She is a shadow walker, able to go from place to place so long as there is a shadow to escape in. Ian is a binder, capable of pulling darkness to him. He is discovered by Jake Tower, head of one of the two powerful syndicates. Tower heavily recruits him, using Kori as a sort of bait. And of course, the two discover they are attracted to each other, however, said attraction cannot go anywhere, with very opposing goals, and a myriad of secrets and distrust. For those of you who have read Blood Bound, there are a few appearances by Olivia and Cam.

I really loved how Vincent wove Shadow Bound. It was tortuous and very dark. But as the author said in the Acknowledgments, “I promise, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.” I highly recommend this and any other books by Rachel Vincent!

View all my reviews

No comments: