Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Siren by Tiffany Reisz

The Siren (The Original Sinners, #1)The Siren by Tiffany Reisz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Stars to this very unusual, yet incredibly gripping read! One I almost did not read for a few reasons. First of all, I do not care for the cover. At first glance it looks like a chick-lit read. I rarely, if ever, read chick-lit. The other thing that put me off was that it was about a writer. I normally don't care to read a book that is about someone writing a book. Same goes for movies. Watching a movie about a movie just drives me nuts for some reason. WIth that said, I saw all the fabulous reviews coming in and decided to give The SIren a try. Boy, was I in for a surprise!

Nora Sutherlin is an infamous erotica author, known for her extraordinary kinky stories. She brings her latest manuscript to Zach, a British editor not particularly interested in editing her “type” of books. But this story is different than her previously published novels, and she wants the best editor. He agrees, with conditions. As the two work tirelessly on the novel, Zach gets to know Nora more and more, realizing that the lady shown to the public is not the same woman. She is so much more, and he is determined to find out just what that is. And Nora wants to keep her darker secrets to herself, at least until the novel is completed to Zach’s approval.

The Siren takes so many twists and turns, a few nose dives, and shocking revelations. I was so sucked into this story with the dark side of Nora. The psychological machinations. It almost makes me want to write a spoilery review. I know this review will not do the book justice, as The Siren was so very well written and plotted. The erotica angles of The Siren were very dark, not particularly for the faint of heart. However, even knowing that, I do believe that the story will appeal to many people, mainly due to the superb writing by Tiffany Reisz.

While the ending was different than I expected, quite different, in fact, it still had an HEA in its own way. I am looking forward to reading the next book, The Angel! If you like your stories a little on the darker, edgier side, with a bit of a psychological twist, I would definitely recommend The Siren!

View all my reviews

No comments: